[Digikam-users] digikam 0.10 Tags

Roggen.Dorf Roggen.Dorf at freenet.de
Mon May 11 11:56:36 BST 2009

Hello,

I'm kind of newbie, first time here with a request for help. So, please
be patient with me.

I just changed from Ubuntu 8.10 to Ubuntu 9.04. Therefore digikam was
new installed, now Version 0.10. The problem now is, that all my tags
vanished, exept two of them, having a "." in the name. The following
happened:

After installing digikam 0.10 the tags were still shown. I decided, to
move my photos to my server, which is connected with NFS (I kept the
photos on the old place and saved the digikam3 and digikam4 databases).
After moving the photos and the digikam4 database, I tried to open the
moved database. An error-message occured that told me: "Die Datei
digikam4... konnte nicht geƶffnet werden. Die Zeichenkodierung konnte
nicht festgestellt werden" (translation: The file couldn't be opened.
The encryption of the signs could not be fixed). From a button I could
change between ISO Western ... and UTF-8, but the error-message did not
disappear. After a while I figured out, that the database has to be
newly built from the moved photos, and so I did. After that all photos
appeared in digikam, but not the tags (exept the two mentioned above).
What went wrong, does someone have an idea?

Regards,

Matthias