[Digikam-users] How to apply digital watermark

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Sun May 3 16:49:56 BST 2009

On domenica 03 maggio 2009 17:05:44, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > Yup, that it is :) ! Thanks m. !
> >
> > Do you know whether we can do this in a batch instead of 1 photo at a
> > time.
>
> Implemented in digiKam 0.11.0, where a new Batch Queue Manager have
> been added. A Batch tool can add visible Watermark...

Another nice thing to have is "invisible" watermarking, maybe including a
"signature" through steganography, so a photographer can protect himself from
abuse of his work: if you can see the watermark, you could also remove it
(most times just cropping the image!).

Unfortunately, it seems that's there are really few tools to do these things
released under GNU GPL...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_watermarking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steganography
http://steghide.sourceforge.net/