[Digikam-users] how to install digikam

Raju Senthilk kumar rajusenthilkkumar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:55:41 GMT 2009

I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 within Windows XP os as dual booting.I want to connect
my Sony digital camera DSC W35 with Ubuntu.It suggests install Digikam
through synaptic package manager.But it seems above 90 MB to be
downloaded.I'm having WLL modem internet connection.I don't have download
manager with Ubuntu(package manager).But having with win xp.If network
connection fails  digikam download may interrupt.Hence I want to download
Digikam with the help of download manager in win xp.Please guide me to which
package of Digikam I would download from win xp and how to install it within
Ubuntu?