[Digikam-users] Thumbnail generation

Gys van Zyl gysvanzyl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:26:54 BST 2009

Thanks for the responses.  I have been wary of the "Rebuild All Thumbnails"
menu option, because if I remember correctly the last time I did it (a long
time ago), it just deleted all the existing thumbnails causing them to be
regenerated in the usual fashion whenever an album is opened the first time.

Can you confirm that this is definitely not the expected behaviour, but that
this command will cause all thumbnails in the entire collection of albums to
be regenerated?  So, the next time an album is opened, the thumbnails will
all be there already, with no need to wait for the generation process?

If so, this is exactly what I was looking for, as I can simply start the
process to run overnight.

Gys