[Digikam-users] Digikam and NAS don't like each other

Oliver Dörr oliver at doerr-privat.de
Wed Mar 25 22:44:05 GMT 2009

Hi Tim,

ext3 does support links. So it's only a problem of the cifs protocol
that you use accessing it. Does your NAS support other protocols too?
ext3 means that your NAS runs some kind of Linux/Unix on it and that
could make it possible that NFS is also supported.

What you also could try is to mount your NAS directly inside your local
folders. Something like telling digikam to use some folder like
/pictures and than attach your NAS

//192.168.1.250/openshare /pictures/openshare cifs guest,uid=1000,gid=100,rw,noauto 0 0

Doing so would digikam force to store the database inside the file /pictures/digikam3.db and you should be able to access all your pictures as subfolder of the album openshare

Oliver