[Digikam-users] Digikam and NAS don't like each other

Oliver Dörr oliver at doerr-privat.de
Wed Mar 25 06:08:55 GMT 2009

Hi Tim,

i'm not sure how you have formatted your NAS, but i think it is either
VFAT or NTFS.

VFAT does not support any sort of links. NTFS do, but this function is
very deep hidden in the filesystem and not available via command line
(as far as i know). So even if your NAS support this, you need
additional support by through cifs, if you plan this.

I'm not sure if there is one...

So this is an explanation for what you see. Sadly i don't know a
work-around for that at the moment.

Any other ?

Oliver