[Digikam-users] Flickr export question

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Sat Mar 21 12:01:02 GMT 2009

On Saturday 21 March 2009 12:47:27 Stefan Grosse wrote:
> I am trying to export pictures to flickr. It is an improvement that one
> can specify the album now. However I have a little problem:
>
> When I create a new album what is meant by "primary photo-id"?

I did not write that code, but when adding 23hq.com support, I have also
noticed that flickr API is a bit strange here. See API documentation:
http://www.flickr.com/services/api/flickr.photosets.create.html

As you can see, primary_photo_id is required to create new photoset.

> When I am uploading with uploadr e.g. I have to specify the album title
> thats all. just giving any name are giving a photo's title it ends with
> an error...

I do not know Flickr/Uploadr much, but it may be that it does some maginc in
the line of following:
1. assign some dummy photo
2. create photoset with dummy photo
3. upload photos
4. assign real photo as primary_photo_id

This needs further investigation by somebody that uses Flickr Pro (I am unable
to create photosets, as I only have free acocunt).

Regards,
Luka