[Digikam-users] raw experimental

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Mon Mar 16 08:02:48 GMT 2009

On Saturday 14 March 2009 11:44:48 Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Am Samstag, 14. März 2009 11:13:31 schrieb Simon Oosthoek:
> > > i use :
> > > cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
> > > for all config (exiv2, kdelib, digikam)
> > > and it work.
> >
> > Using this option I was finally able to get my kipi-plugins correctly
> > installed, perhaps this should be fixed somewhere central?
>
> There is nothing to fix. Either you compile software yourself, then you
> need some knowledge about that process, including the paths used during
> compilation, or you use packages, then somebody familiar with those
> techniques does the work for you.
>
> Sven

I think a more generic configuration instruction could be given like this:
 cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` src_path

Because, if I'm not mistaken, without kdeXXX-dev installed on your system you
cannot compile digikam at all, so kde4-config --prefix will always be availble
and give the right install path.

Gerhard