[Digikam-users] raw with digikam and other software

Sylvain CROUZILLAT sylvain.crouzillat at croucrou.com
Sun Mar 15 23:27:16 GMT 2009

hi

"Impossible n'est pas français" i think it could be translate by "impossible
is not french"

after you answer i have done many test.

digikam read Tags from NX and NX read tags from digikam

the probleme is with stars (rating)

digikam read start put with capture NX but NX don't read stars put with
digikam

i use exiv2 -pxi
to see diffrences.

digikam put rating in Xmp.xmp.Rating
and NX put rating in Xmp.xmp.Rating and Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating

behind i have put exemple for 12345 stars

For zero star :
Xmp.xmp.Rating                               XmpText     1  0
Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating          XmpText     1  0

For one star :
Xmp.xmp.Rating                               XmpText     1  1
Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating                 XmpText     1  1

For two stars :
Xmp.xmp.Rating                               XmpText     1  2
Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating                 XmpText     2  25

For tree stars :
Xmp.xmp.Rating                               XmpText     1  3
Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating                 XmpText     2  50

For Four stars :
Xmp.xmp.Rating                               XmpText     1  4
Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating                 XmpText     2  75

For five stars :
Xmp.xmp.Rating                               XmpText     1  5
Xmp.MicrosoftPhoto_1_.Rating                 XmpText     2  99

2009/3/14 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>

> because NX don't care about digikam metadata.
>
> NX is a proprietary software. We can do nothing.
>
> Gilles Caulier
>
> 2009/3/14 Sylvain CROUZILLAT <sylvain.crouzillat at croucrou.com>

>> i have test the option "Write Metadata to Raw Files"
>> it work fine with my nikon D300 raw File under Digikam. but the problème
>> is when i want to see the raw file i have tag ans score with digikam in
>> other software
>> when i open raw file score with digikam in capture NX or with view NX i
>> dont find stars i have put in digikam
>>
>> have you got an idea ?
>>
>> regarts
>>

>> --