[Digikam-users] raw experimental

Simon Oosthoek s.oosthoek at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 14 11:32:47 GMT 2009

Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Am Samstag, 14. März 2009 11:13:31 schrieb Simon Oosthoek:
>>> i use :
>>> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
>>> for all config (exiv2, kdelib, digikam)
>>> and it work.
>> Using this option I was finally able to get my kipi-plugins correctly
>> installed, perhaps this should be fixed somewhere central?
>
> There is nothing to fix. Either you compile software yourself, then you need
> some knowledge about that process, including the paths used during
> compilation, or you use packages, then somebody familiar with those techniques
> does the work for you.

What a load of BS, if you want more people testing the software you need
to provide some convenience for people with less than 100% dedication to
the digikam project to allow for easy  (./configure; make; make install)
type testing.

The very least "central" thing you could do is to add this information
to the wiki, I could do that myself, if I had the time and knew with
more certainty that this is the right thing to do. However the amount of
stuff needed to compile from trunk is already way too much for the
average compile-from-source-tester!

Cheers

Simon