[Digikam-users] Redraw Problems

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Thu Jun 25 19:32:15 BST 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has been having problems with redrawing on specific UI elements.

    • Occasionally thumbnails will blink at me, as if they are being continuously redrawn. CPU usage shoots through the roof. I have noticed this with the Album icons, but I see it most with Album thumbnails
    • When I am in the Settings area and click a tab, the tab itself switches , but the contents of the tab stay the same. Essentially the new UI elements do not redraw themselves. Switching back and forth between tabs a couple of times eventually causes the correct elements to show.

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit. I have seen this behavior in Digikam version 0.10.0 as well as a recent SVN snapshot. I've seen this in Gnome and KDE.

Am I going crazy? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

Paul