[Digikam-users] 0.10.0 slow to open

Daniel Larsson opersonlig_postadress at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 24 15:40:09 BST 2009

Hello!

My problem is that digikam 0.10.0 is very slow to open. It starts to read database ok but when it loads kipi-plugins it is painstakingly slow. I have to whait for aproximately 3h (!) for it to open all plugins. The computer is not very fast, ASUS X59, 3 GB RAM, Intel T-3200 processor, but not to slow either.

I have used the search for duplicates function and it found a lot of duplicates. Out of aprox 250 000 pictures 10 000 are duplicates.

Mabye this is normal considering the amount of pictures?

TIA

D.L.