[Digikam-users] no EXIF/IPTC Data in stored JPEG

Hans Zeitler Hans.Zeitler at allgaeu.org
Mon Jun 22 19:27:24 BST 2009

Here are the versions of installation:

digiKam version 1.0.0-beta1
Exiv2 kann in JP2 speichern: Ja
Exiv2 kann in JPEG speichern: Ja
Exiv2 kann in PNG speichern: Ja
Exiv2 kann in TIFF speichern: Ja
Exiv2 unterstützt XMP-Metadaten: Ja
LibCImg: 130
LibExiv2: 0.18
LibJPEG: 62
LibJasper: 1.900.1
LibKDE: 4.2.4 (KDE 4.2.4)
LibKExiv2: 0.5.0
LibKdcraw: 0.4.2
LibLCMS: 118
LibPGF: 5.08.22
LibPNG: 1.2.27
LibQt: 4.5.0
LibRaw: 0.6.15-Release
LibTIFF: LIBTIFF, Version 3.8.2 Copyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler
Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Marble-Widget: 0.7.1
LibGphoto2: 2.4.2
LibKipi: 0.3.0

if I look in then packets i see libkexiv2-7 4.4.2.4 ?  here I see 0.5.0
. Whats is the difference?
If I need LibExiv2 0.18.1, where can i get it from? I don't want to
compile a software, I only want to edit my fotos.

After changing the package sources and updating, I got the following
components:
digiKam version 1.0.0-beta1
Exiv2 kann in JP2 speichern: Ja
Exiv2 kann in JPEG speichern: Ja
Exiv2 kann in PNG speichern: Ja
Exiv2 kann in TIFF speichern: Ja
Exiv2 unterstützt XMP-Metadaten: Ja
LibCImg: 130
LibExiv2: 0.18
LibJPEG: 62
LibJasper: 1.900.1
LibKDE: 4.2.90 (KDE 4.2.90 (KDE 4.3 Beta2))
LibKExiv2: 0.6.0
LibKdcraw: 0.5.0
LibLCMS: 118
LibPGF: 5.08.22
LibPNG: 1.2.27
LibQt: 4.5.1
LibRaw: 0.7.2
LibTIFF: LIBTIFF, Version 3.8.2 Copyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler
Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Marble-Widget: 0.8SVN
Parallelized demosaicing: Keine
LibGphoto2: 2.4.2
LibKipi: 0.4.0

to make it worse : now if I klick on an album it shows (0) fotos  ??????
Thats is enough for today!!!1

By the way, the www.digkam.org site is not up to date with package links.
The packages of http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~ach/kubuntu/ are more than a year
old now.
It doesn't help me if you say " Kipi-Plugins 0.3.0 for KDE4 released" if
I don't know how to get this without compling
I twould be nice to maintain a debian package with the newest releases
and betas.