[Digikam-users] Remote album via ssh / ftp ?

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at univie.ac.at
Mon Jun 22 12:50:33 BST 2009

Am Montag 22 Juni 2009 13:02:17 schrieb Bo Hansen:
> Fuse is very easy to install/setup see
> http://fuse.sourceforge.net/sshfs.html
>
> If you are on Ubuntu here is your starter for 10
>
> sudo apt-get install sshfs

Thanks a lot, it's really easy to use! Digikam found the collection via sshfs
and I can see the images and move them around as expected.

However, also here I experience the strange problem I wrote about earlier:
When editing pictures in the ssh collection, I cannot save the results
afterwards, there is always the error "failed to overwrite original file" and
I have to discard the changes.
But I can edit and save if I copy the image to a local collection first.
Afterwards, I can also copy the edited image back to the ssh collection, so
it's neither a problem with the image file nor with write permissions for the
ssh collection.

This specific behaviour I found using digikam 0.10 on opensuse, but similar
problems (also with local collections) I saw on a 1.0 svn on kubuntu as well.

Has anybody else experienced this problem or even a clue how to fix it?

Best,
Gandalf