[Digikam-users] Cannot see photos!

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Jun 22 09:26:34 BST 2009

> I just upgraded one machine (Kubuntu 9.04) to KDE 4.3 beta. Now,
> Digikam on that machine (0.10.0) does not show the user's photos! I
> tried playing with the Include Album Sub-Tree and Include Tag Sub-Tree
> toggles as I remember them causing problems before, but it did not
> help.
>
> The Collections item shows that this collection is loaded and even
> wishes that the user enjoy the collection, alas, the photos do not
> appear. Any ideas?

This is almost always a problem with the kioslaves, either not installed,
installed in the wrong place, not found by kdelibs, not linking due to binary
incompatibility, old versions lying around etc. (and such problems have indeed
often enough be reported with all versions of digikam in this mailing list)

Marcel