[Digikam-users] Some color management questions

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Sun Jun 14 19:01:06 BST 2009

Hi Rainer,

Have you calibrated your monitor?  This is the process of adjusting your monitor's controls so that your color display is standard.  It makes sure that you get the highest dynamic range possible and that there are no color casts.

KDE has a rudimentary calibration tools in Display|Gamma.  I'm not wild about it, but it may work for you.  I use gammaPage, available at http://www.pcbypaul.com/software/GAMMApage.html.  It works similarly to Abobe Gamma, but also allows you to see if you have an overall color cast.  Hope that helps!

Paul