[Digikam-users] Difference between collection types

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Sun Jun 14 18:50:47 BST 2009

Hi Marcel,

I've had a chance to do a little more extensive testing.  Proper recognition of images already in the DB is spotty and there is no rhyme or reason (that I can see) as to what files are matched and which are not.

Your supposition about inconsistent hashing is interesting.  I set all Image's modificationDate to null and reimported the album.  A spot check shows that the tags were migrated!!  I'd certainly like to keep my modification dates, but if this is the only solution, I suppose I can live with it.  Is there any other way to force a re-hash?

Paul