[Digikam-users] Difference between collection types

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Fri Jun 12 13:04:47 BST 2009

Hi Marcel,

The slow startup time seems to be DB related.  Just for fun, I moved the DB to a local drive.  The startup time was half or a quarter of the time with the DB on the NAS.  Also, I saw the CPU get pegged for a good bit of the time (yay!).

I have no idea how sqlite accesses a DB on what it thinks is a local file, but this seems like quite a hint to me that I need to make the DB local.  Maybe Digikam could have a setting to make DB backups in the background...?

Paul