[Digikam-users] Olympus E-520

Skip Evans skip at penguinsites.com
Thu Jun 11 00:57:52 BST 2009

Hey Paul & all,

Yes, I plugged the camera in again and went to places and
found it, then Ubuntu loaded up F-Spot and that works okay,
although I'm surprised F-Spot can't resize images...?!

So I just then open them with gimp and resize there.

But I also have a Perl script I wrote that uses ImageMagic
under FreeBSD to resize them as well.

Still, always loved DigiKam and would much rather be using it.

It was great with my old Canon Rebel DSLR.

Skip

Paul Valley wrote:
> Skip Evans wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Brand new to the list and even brander new to my Olympus
>> E-520. I just downloaded Digikam version 0.10.0 to my Ubuntu
>> 9.04 through Synaptic but it doesn't show the E-520 in the
>> list of cameras, even though I do read on the digikam.org site
>> that it has been added.
>>
>> Has Ubuntu just not updated its repository yet?
>>
>> Is there some way I can get a version of Digikam that does
>> include the update?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Skip

>> Thats what it very well may be have you tried f-spot?
> also check the ubuntu forums as well as shortcourses.com they might have
> a short course for you

Skip Evans
503 S Baldwin St, #1
Madison WI 53703