[Digikam-users] Difference between collection types

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 01:34:30 BST 2009

On domenica 07 giugno 2009 21:04:39, Paul Waldo wrote:
> Pretty darn complicated, but it seems to work.  The only problem now is converting my tags.  I still have the same albums, but they have moved around on the filesystem.  In other words, an album was at /a/b/c, and is now at /d/e/f.  Is there anyway to get Digikam to move the tags to the new location?

If /a/b/c and /d/e/f were seen in digikam as two albums, when you are inside digikam and move images between the two albums (directories), the tags will be preserved.

Another way is to tell digikam to store metadata inside the images. This way you can move them around without losing anything, but while it works OK for PNG and JPG images, I think it won't work for RAW files.

regards
gerlos

--
"Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more
of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something