[Digikam-users] renaming or removing tags leaves a mess in my files

Michal ml at infosec.pl
Sun Jun 7 22:22:18 BST 2009

Hello,

I've got two really annoying (and probably related) problems with tags
in digikam 0.9.5:

1. Renamed tags. When I rename some tags in menu on the left hand side,
say "people/mob" to "people/masses" then I get both versions of this tag
in affected file's IPTC. How can I keep it synchronised and clean? So
that changes in tag properties are also written to files' metadata?

2. Removed tags. When I remove a tag in menu on the left hand side then
file's metadata is not updated, I'm ending up with a lot of mess in IPTC.

I've already tried with "Synchronize files with database" and "Update
metadata database" but it doesn't seem to solve my problems - my files'
metadata (IPTC) is still full of non existent keywords.

Any suggestions are very welcome. Thank you in advance.
Michal
--
"The quiter you become, the more you can hear." -Ram Dass