[Digikam-users] Digikam file management / building it for Mac OS

Vlado Plaga rechner at vlado-do.de
Thu Jul 30 22:20:49 BST 2009

Am Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:25:01 +0200
schrieb Vlado Plaga <rechner at vlado-do.de>:

> I haven't finished compiling "beta 3" on Mac OS yet, but since that
> might take a few hours, I'm already sending this e-mail now. At least
> it downloaded the sources and started compiling.

Now compilation finished, but the program again crashes immediately
after startup.

Note: I had to manually patch
digikam-1.0.0-beta3/libs/3rdparty/lqr/lqr_energy_priv.h

like this:
http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/graphics/liblqr/files/patch-lqr__lqr_energy_priv.h?rev=51312

The author of liblqr is aware of the problem, so in the next release it
should be fixed:
http://liblqr.wikidot.com/forum/t-169529/small-patch-needed-to-compile-liblqr-on-mac-os:change-upstream-package

I guess it is something of a philosophical question why digiKam brings
its own private version of a library, instead of using the system
version (which in MacOS/MacPorts is already patched)... or why
functionality such as this is included at all, although everyone using
digiKam might as well use the Gimp for complex image editing functions.

Regards,
Vlado

--

       Vlado Plaga                        __o