[Digikam-users] lots of photos and startup time

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Wed Jul 8 13:39:49 BST 2009

And another guess:

Maybe your database file is somehow corrupted?
Can you try the following?

1. in /usr/bin, there should be a script called cleanup_digikamdb, run it
2. if you have not such a script, open your database file with the sqlite CLI:
    $ sqlite3 /path/to/images/digikam4.db

    and then run
    VACUUM;

    inside the sqlite3 shell.

digiKam should be closed, before doing this.

Andi