[Digikam-users] lots of photos and startup time

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Wed Jul 8 12:01:20 BST 2009

I'm not assuming all your systems are broken ;-)
But if someone is telling me digiKam needs an hour to startup, then something
must be really messed up.

There is nothing to improve directly, it is all related to sqlite.
It might be that sqlite doesn't like reiserFS that much, especially when the
database is bigger.

This is one of the reasons we might think of a different database backend,
like amarok did.
sqlite is really not so good for performance relevant operations.

Andi