[Digikam-users] lots of photos and startup time

Daniel Larsson opersonlig_postadress at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 8 09:22:16 BST 2009

IMHO the 2 seconds mor or less with splash enabled is not to much to bother about.

I think the real time savings can be made in read and write performance to the db.

All gains in performance is welcome but in my case I want a reduction in minutes before bothering with seconds.

On my Ubuntu Studio 9.04 system I have now installed their kernel 2.6.31 rc2 and start time is reduced considerably. From close to one houer to mere five minutes. Flickering has reapperd but settles fast.

How this is done I do not know, mabye new algoritm in kernel?

/D.L.

Snip