[Digikam-users] lots of photos and startup time

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Tue Jul 7 18:00:17 BST 2009

On Tuesday 07 July 2009, Andi Clemens wrote:
> Hmm seems to be a reiserFS problem, since every one reporting this is using
> reiserFS, also the older reports are talking about reiser.

Takes me 1:20  on an EXT3 disk running XFCE  and Digikam  0.10.0

One problem I have is that all of my pictures are in two albums, but they are
the same album.   In otherwords, two albums pointing to the same directory.
So it may be doing twice the work when it wouldn't have to.

I haven't yet figured out a way to get rid of the duplicate since eliminating
one album would delete all of the pictures in it!!   Don't know why Digikam
was designed to operate that way.  You should be able to remove an album from
Digikam  without having to delete anything.