[Digikam-users] lots of photos and startup time

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Tue Jul 7 12:12:12 BST 2009

Hmm seems to be a reiserFS problem, since every one reporting this is using
reiserFS, also the older reports are talking about reiser.

Unfortunately my media drive is 300GB big, so I'm not willing to change my
ext4 filesystem to reiserfs now :)
But I might use another partition tonight and convert it. My other test
collection of 25.000 images should fit on there.

Maybe I can see the speed issues, too.
Note that reiserFS is fragmenting quite fast, much more then all the other
linux filesystems. So even if I create a test partition today, I'm not sure if
I will see performance issues, since the reiserFS partition will be quite
fast.

Do you know a script that can simulate a lot of disk activity, so I can try to
fragment the partition in a short time?

Andi