[Digikam-users] lots of photos and startup time

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Tue Jul 7 12:03:29 BST 2009

And just one more note: those 10-20 seconds startup time are only true for the
first start of course, after that digiKam is up in less then 3 seconds.

I just timed it correctly, without the thumbDB and all caches cleared:
sudo sync
sudo echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

it takes 7 seconds on first startup, with thumbDB enabled 15 seconds (but this
is another story).

Andi