[Digikam-users] Digikam kills my gnome audio

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Fri Jul 3 22:20:27 BST 2009

Hi all,

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 (gnome). When I start Digikam (0.10.0 or 1.0.0 beta) I get this message:

The audio playback device HDA Intel (STAC92xx Analog) does not work. Falling back to PulseAudio

When this happens, all of the sound that was playing stops and no more sounds are issued. I'm guessing that this is an impedance mismatch between KDE and Gnome. Has anyone seen this and have a work around? Thanks in advance!

Paul