[Digikam-users] Album / Scalability

Yannick Le Teigner yannick.leteigner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 14:10:42 GMT 2009

Hi,

I was wondering how you guys use Digikam's album functionnality.
I developped my own little tool some years ago to tag my images, and
search through them. Nothing fancy, all the pictures are inside one
album, and I can search them with tags. I am able to put tens of
thousands of pictures into the album as I only display one section at a
time (50 pictures per page, and next/before buttons to browse pages).

As far as I can see, Digikam load all the images of the currently
selected album in the mainpanel.
Does it impact performance once your album grow over few thousand pictures?
Will I have to categorize my pictures in different albums to keep
Digikam snappy?

Thanks,
Yannick