[Digikam-users] Improve processing performance

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 08:38:01 GMT 2009

1/ digikam use multithreading everywhere. so if thread maanagement is fine,
they canbe forks to another processor easily.

2/ for RAW decoding, we use LibRaw since few month. If you compile libkdcraw
with OpenMp support, Raw decoding will use parallelized computation. Tested
here on Intel double core, but never on AMD.

In general, i think intel multiprocessors architecture is better supported
under Linux than AMD...

Best

Gilles Caulier