[Digikam-users] Cannot View pictures on Fedora 10 x86_64 with Digikam 0.10.0-beta8

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Fri Jan 23 19:05:49 GMT 2009

Hi,

I looked around but could not find anybody else raising this issue.
Since it seems so obvious I prefer to ask the mailing list before
booking a bug.

I am an happy user of Digikam for one and two years but since I
upgraded to Fedora 10 / Digikam 0.10 beta serie, I cannot "View"
images anymore!!

If I browse a directory I can still see the small pictures, but as
soon as I double-click on one of them, I just have grey.
The zoom slidebar on the lower right is stuck to 0% and cannot be moved.
What is extremely weird is that the histogram is apparently working
properly, changing for each picture. Everything seems to work fine
except that there is not picture displayed...

This is especially frustrating and blocking because I bracket a lot
and usually go through my hundreds of pics, select quite a few with
the stars and then work on them.

Here are more detailed information:

[mbaudier at alma ~]$ uname -a
Linux alma 2.6.27.9-159.fc10.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 16 14:47:52 EST
2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[mbaudier at alma ~]$ digikam -v
Qt: 4.4.3
KDE: 4.1.4 (KDE 4.1.4)
digiKam: 0.10.0-beta8

I am running Digikam under GNOME (2.24.2).

The pictures are on a separate (rather fast) USB drive.
I first registered the collection as a normal drive and then as a USB
mass storage. I also copied the pictures to my regular harddrive. I
got the same pb in all configuration.

I cannot view any picture (tested with NEF, JPEG, TIFF).

I am using Color Management, but I have the same pb if I disable it.

Here is the output of Digikam when launching it from the console and
trying to view one single picture:
[mbaudier at alma ~]$ digikam
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin could not be loaded
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin could not be loaded
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin could not be loaded
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin could not be loaded
Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect Phonon::MediaObject(no objectName)
to Phonon::AudioOutput(no objectName).
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin could not be loaded
Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect Phonon::MediaObject(no objectName)
to Phonon::VideoWidget(no objectName).
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin could not be loaded
digikam(6094)/KIPI (general) Plugin_GPSSync::category: Unrecognized
action for plugin category identification

digikam(6094)/KIPI (general) KIPIGalleryExportPlugin::Gallery::load:
Reading data from kipirc file..

Scaling with darkness 0, saturation 4028, and
multipliers 1.746094 1.000000 1.425781 1.000000
Converting to sRGB colorspace...
LibRaw: data info: width 1950 height 1308 rgbmax 65535
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin could not be loaded
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection
'digikamDatabase-30261520' is still in use, all queries will cease to
work.

Many thanks in advance if you can help me.
Don't hesitate to tell me if I should provide more information.

Cheers,

Mathieu