[Digikam-users] How to open RAW file in the Gimp?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 07:51:38 GMT 2009

There is no reason to import RAW file in gimp... especially because it
doesn't support 16 bits color depth. It's really weird to import and edit
RAW file in 8 bits...

With new RAW import tool from digiKam based on libraw, there is no advantage
to switch to ufraw.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/3162004701/sizes/o/

Also, Gimp support, preserve, and manage all Metadata ? digiKam use Exiv2
since a long time now, and metadata management is very important for
photograph...

Best

Gilles Caulier