[Digikam-users] Nested Tags Was: Several Questions

Thomas Guettler guettli at thomas-guettler.de
Tue Feb 24 20:36:28 GMT 2009

>> 2. It would be very nice if you could tag directories like files and
>> with the same (nested) catalog of keywords. Example: 2009/02/01 contains
>> pictures of skiing with friend FOO. A tag on the directory means
>> FOO was there. A tag on the one image means FOO can be seen on the
>> picture. I am lazy and would tag only directories in the first run.
>
> For flat categorization you can use... Album categories.
>
> Man, I remember times when digiKam couldn't handle nested *folders*, now you
> want nested everything. Get off my lawn! ;)

Hi,

Yes, I know there is still a long way to go. I don't only want to tag
directories, but even audio and video files or any kind of file. All
with one catalog of nested tags.

But that is a bigger problem, that
can not be solved with digikam. Something like this should be portable
(kde+gnome).

  Thomas