[Digikam-users] any one help to fix 5d mark ii's raw to be suitable digikam

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Fri Feb 20 12:02:37 GMT 2009

On Friday 20 February 2009 08:20:37, Gilles Caulier wrote:

> Ah sorry, 5D Mark is canon, not nikon.
>
> Yes, i need CR2 file. 20Mb is too huge. I think it will be stopped by
> google in my gmail account. Can you set a temp repository on the web
> with at least 2 samples ?
>
> In addition, screenshots can help of course.
>
> Gilles

Hi Gilles,

I have problems, too, with the D5 MKII CR2's:
digikam shows the thumbs, but editor shows a distorted picture.
ufraw crashes immediately when trying to open a CR2.

I thought, it's a problem of my laptop, but as I read that thread...

I uploaded some files for your tests:
http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/img_0018.cr2
http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/img_0018.jpg
http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/img_0020.cr2
http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/img_0020.jpg
http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/gilles.png (screenshot of distorted ...20.cr2
in digikam's editor)

jpg's show fine. Both CR2's also work in VirtualBox/WinXP/Canon program)

don't judge me by the quality of those pics - I was still half asleep and just
clicked twice :-)

have a nice day!

Daniel
(oh - can you tell me please when you've downloaded the samples, so that I can
remove them from the server again... thanks)
erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com
Madagascar special: http://www.fotograf-basel.ch/madagascar/