[Digikam-users] how to get plugins working from svn (kde4)

Simon Oosthoek s.oosthoek at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 9 20:45:44 GMT 2009

Hi all

I think I may have found the cause, it's the bunch of environment
variables that need to be set before compiling:

DIGIKAMKDE4=/usr
export KDEDIR=$DIGIKAMKDE4:/usr/lib/kde4
export KDEDIRS=$DIGIKAMKDE4:/usr/lib/kde4
export KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt4
export
PATH=$DIGIKAMKDE4/bin:/usr/local/bin:$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$QTDIR/bin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH
export KDETMP=/tmp/$USER-kde4
export KDEVARTMP=/var/tmp/$USER-kde4
export LD_BIND_NOW=42
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$QTDIR/lib:$DIGIKAMKDE4/lib:/usr/lib/kde4:/usr/lib:/usr/lib/kde4/libexec:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$DIGIKAMKDE4/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

I didn't put this in my ~/.bash_profile (for obvious reasons!), but it
also isn't part of the normal  cmake && make procedure (I hope).

I'll see what happens if I get this bit right, but I do hope that this
is considered a bug in the build procedure and that it will be fixed soon!

Cheers

Simon

PS, just to be clear, if you want people with less than contributing
development skills to participate in testing, the configure, make, make
install procedure should be about that simple!