[Digikam-users] DK sRGB vs. gimp SRGB-Built-in

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 16:42:00 GMT 2009

I've batch converted a bunch of raw files to png. In color management my
working space is sRGB.

When I import into gimp, I get a dialog box telling me the png has an
embedded color sRGB, and do I want to convert it to the gimp working
space "sRGB-Built-in" .

Are these actually the same color spaces, just different file names? Is
there any preference one versus the other? Should I just point gimp to
the DK sRGB icc file? I assume even if they are the same, a conversion
involves some loss. BTW, what is the DK sRGB file name.

sean