[Digikam-users] Raw to JPG Experiment

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Thu Dec 24 21:47:10 GMT 2009

On Thursday 24 of December 2009 12:09:50 davidvincentjones wrote:
> I had a problem with sone RAW (CR2) files that were hell to decently
>  extract into JPGs ... I wanted to send some of the pics to somebody.
>
> I simply used the email function in DK which did the conversion for me that
> totally gave the same result as the embedded image in the RAW.
>
> It appears that the converter must already be within DK.

This function is part of libkdcraw library that Digikam and KIPI-Plugins use.
It is very easy to extract the preview image with the library (single API
call), this is why this method is used by most of KIPI-Plugins (for example,
all export plugins, like Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, SmugMug... use it).

Regards,
Luka