[Digikam-users] How do you generate good quality jpegs from raws quickly, automatically ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 21:36:14 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 22:21 +0100, Milan Knížek wrote:
> Linuxguy123 píše v St 23. 12. 2009 v 13:06 -0700:
>

> > Did you know that one can extract the icc file from the raw file using
> > Exiftool ?  http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
>
> I would be surprised if that is true for Canon raw files. Nikon
> supposedly stores ICC profiles in NEF, but Canon? I do not think so.
>
> Canon only stores information about the target profile for converted
> picture (sRGB, AdobeRGB) and this can be changed in DPP anyway.

Well.. one thing Canon does give us is a lower resolution jpeg.  From
that jpeg alone it should be possible to adjust things until we get the
same exposure levels, color profile, etc. between both.

I would love to get an image that matched the in camera image as a
starting point.   From there I could easily tweak it.   But getting
there on a picture by picture basis is time consuming.