[Digikam-users] How do you generate good quality jpegs from raws quickly, automatically ?

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Wed Dec 23 20:42:31 GMT 2009

Am Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2009 schrieb Linuxguy123:
> On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 11:25 -0800, Adam wrote:
> > I think part of the problem is your are doing it en masse.
> > Sometimes that is fine and you tweak the settings for 1 shot and
> > it will be the same for all of them. But a lot of the time what
> > worked for one picture does not work for another. So I do not
> > think there is a magic bullet for all your raws, other than
> > ripping the jpg from the RAW file in bulk, then the ones your
> > really like go back and work on the raw file.
> >
> > You have 2 canon cameras. The DPP application in windows does a
> > great job of making jpg's from the raw files. Unfortunately I
> > have not been able to get DPP to work in Linux (at least the
> > upgrading to a current version part)
>
> Why does DPP work better than the tools we are using ?   I'm
>  guessing that DPP uses other/more information available in the raw
>  file.

That for one and second DPP can correct lens flaws (like chromatic
aberrations, distortions etc).

What I miss with most raw developers: the ability to store some basic
corrections (like rotate and clipping) with a ID file like ufraw does
- a kind of recipe. So if I have to do the stuff once again with
little changes I change the recipe and rerun the development.
RawTherapee has something alike.

Martin