[Digikam-users] How does digiKam do raw conversions for the slide shows ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:59:45 GMT 2009

I shot 600 raw images at a wedding this past weekend.

I downloaded them into digiKam, tagged ~ 200 of the best and ran them in
the digiKam slide show for the gift opening the next day.  They looked
awesome.  Everyone was very pleased.

Yesterday I tried converting some of the same raw files to jpgs using
the tools in digiKam.  They didn't come out nearly as nice, due to
issues with white balance settings, exposure, etc.

How does digiKam generate the images for the raw files it displays in
the slide shows ?   How could I easily generate jpegs that look as good
as the images in the slideshow ?

Thanks