[Digikam-users] Exposure Blending tool finalization...

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Mon Dec 21 19:55:06 GMT 2009

Goose píše v Po 21. 12. 2009 v 18:08 +0100:
> But sometimes i shoot once and when developing at home, i see my raw
> with blown highlights and/or black dark zones. Working in 16bit raw
> mode allows you to recover some of those blown zones, but it
> underexpose the rest of the picture, so i extract 3 or more Tiff/PNG
> with different exposure compensations from the raw and blend them into
> one "pseudo-fake-hdr" with QtPfsGui or other softwares.
> I know it's not "real" hdr, is more like the local contrast plugin and
> sometimes gives good results ;)

In other words, with the simple curve adjustment one has to balance
between a flat looking image or burned highlights/shadows. Enfuse can
help to increase local contrast, while keeping both shadows and
highlights.

It is time consuming to do it for more images manually, so having it
semi-automated plugin would be nice.

regards,

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz