[Digikam-users] Merry Christmas : digiKam 1.0.0 is published...

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 17:23:44 GMT 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 15:47 +0100, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Dear all digiKam fans and users!
>
> digiKam 1.0.0 final release is published...
>
> To read full announce, please look at:
>
> http://www.digikam.org/node/491
>
> Merry Christmas,
>
> Happy New Year,
>
> ...and Happy digiKam of course...

Great work guys.  Can't wait to try it out.

Would anyone know of where I could find a changelog versus beta 6 ?

I shot a wedding on the weekend.  I took ~600 images.  220 keepers.  I
did a slideshow with digiKam using the raws yesterday at the gift
opening.  Connected to a 57" LCD TV and let them play.  Thanks to
digiKam, I didn't have to convert them to jpegs prior to playing and it
was easy to grade each image and sort them into the slideshow list.

The wedding party was very happy with the pictures.  I couldn't have
done it without digiKam.  Everyone was shocked that I was able to do it
so quickly.

A few weeks ago the photographer that shot my wedding was over.  I
showed him the images he shot for our wedding in digiKam.  He couldn't
believe it was free software or that it ran on Linux and how good Linux
was.  He runs hackintoshes so that he can use Apple software to handle
his images.  I sense a change is in the wind for him.

Thanks for all the hard work.

LG