[Digikam-users] Exposure Blending tool finalization...

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Mon Dec 21 16:59:04 GMT 2009

Gilles Caulier píše v Po 21. 12. 2009 v 16:24 +0100:
> Hi all,
>
> Since few day, i working hard to create a new tool to make pseudo HDR image.
>
> After some try with QtPfsGui code imported and improved as a new
> kipi-plugins (code is in my home dir from KDE svn), I never give a
> right result as HDR creation and Tonemapping. QtPfsGui code is very
> very very experiemental. Only one time, i create successfully an HDR
> image without artefact. This is not enough for me/

I do not use QtPfsGui (or pfstools in general) either, since my
objective is to capture high dynamic range and process it in a way that
the final LDR image looks naturally. That is quite difficult with the
available tone-mapping operators from true HDR.

> So, after to be tired to play with QtPfsGui code, i thinking to take
> another way : Enfuse.

That's what I am using together with hugin (or auto_align_stack)
already. Is it based on version 4.0, which was released recently?

> The idea is simple :
>
> 1/ Define a stack of bracketed images.
> 2/ If Raw images, convert it to TIFF 16 bits with auto-gamma.
> 3/ Auto Align stack with Hugin auto_align_stack command line program.
> 4/ Start pseudo-HDR editor, the famous Enfuse frontend designed by me (:=)))

It would be fine to have

x the possibility to turn off/on some images of the exposure stack and
see the impact on enfused result in real-time (possibly on down-scaled
preview). The same with the weights for contracts/sharpness.

x allow for setting (at least in configuration) of other switches of
enblend (like GPU use, number of levels)

(I have not used your pseudo-HDR editor yet, so if such a possibility
exists already, excuse my ignorance.)

Regards,

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz