[Digikam-users] Color Management and RAW/NEF files

Wilkins, Vern W vwilkins at indiana.edu
Sun Dec 13 00:32:56 GMT 2009

I agree, RAW conversion is terrible at least w/ 16 bits.  I've never been able to get good 16 bit RAW results with any version of digikam, including 1.0.0rc.  I gave up long ago, but I check every new release hoping something will change.  I've always just used ufraw to convert my raw images and save them to png.  Then I do anything I can't do in ufraw, like sharpening, in Digikam and save the jpg's.  It takes a little longer but ufraw does an incredible job (color management works too) with no hassle.

Vern