[Digikam-users] Offline Collections

David Lawrence Epstein davideps at umich.edu
Thu Aug 27 17:11:26 BST 2009

Hi everyone

Dotan, I read your suggestion about Dolphin. Have you found any
work-around for using digiKam with offline content?

I am not a unix expert, but there should be a way to batch create
small (say 600x400) images on a central machine for the whole
collection. These could be tagged in digiKam. The tag metadata could
be transferred to the original fullsize offline files upon
reconnection. I'm wondering if a mirrored file structure and identical
file names would make this less cumbersome.

Any thoughts?
-david