[Digikam-users] pictures not showing when using kde desktop

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 15:58:05 BST 2009

> I'm using digikam in gnome with no problems but when I switch to kde
> my albums are empty. Digikam is not showing any picture when using kde
> and works fine in gnome. I've tried adding photos and nothing changes,
> pictures are not displayed.
> I'm running debian sid. There is a bug filed against that problem but
> no solution.
> Does anybody have similar experience?

I am also suffering this after a recent (yesterday) update. I started
suffering the no-picture problem (in KDE, I did not test in Gnome)
several months ago, and downgrading libmarble solved the issue. Since
then I have been careful not to upgrade libmarble when upgrading the
system, but yesterday I was careless, libmarble got updated and now I
cannot see photos in Digikam. I do not have Gnome installed to check
there.

See this thread for the problem from several months ago:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2009-June/007716.html

There is also a current thread for dealing with the problem now.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il