[Digikam-users] Offline Collections

David Lawrence Epstein davideps at umich.edu
Mon Aug 24 03:45:50 BST 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm new to digikam and saw this thread about offline collections. Has
anyone figured out a way to make this work? I'd like to keep
thumbnails (large if possible) on my laptop and the full resolution
files on an external drive that is sometimes connected but often not.
I'd like the thumbnails and organizing tools always available for all
images. Any ideas?

I half expected this function to work since the database is local. I
just thought I would double-click on a thumbnail of a remote photo and
get an error, but still be able to add tags, etc.

thank you in advance,
-david