[Digikam-users] metadata template applying bug - please check

Micha? Smoczyk admin at nocnyrzepin.net
Sat Aug 22 17:22:55 BST 2009

Julien Narboux wrote:

> I am curious, why do you use GeoTag for geotagging images instead of
> Digikam itself using the menu entry "Image/Geolocation"  ?

Mostly because kipi geolocation plugin cannot reverse geocode images
-- write location-like metadata (location, province, country, city
etc.) based on geogr. coordinates, for example using
www.geonames.org or geotagged Wikipedia articles.

If I remember good, there is a wish in bugs.kde.org connected with
this feature (reverse geocoding).

--
/\/\ichau, admin [malpka] nocnyrzepin [kropa] net
http://www.nocnyrzepin.net