[Digikam-users] Lightroom Integration: how?

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Tue Aug 18 15:22:16 BST 2009

On Tuesday 18 August 2009 15:29:59 Paul Waldo wrote:
> I must be thick-headed, as I can't see how to do it.  I'm searching for a
>  menu option that says something like "Write all tags to XMP file that
>  LightRoom can read", but there must be some other way to do it.  Any
>  instructions would be greatly appreciated!
>
> BTW, none of my images have any metadata embedded in them, as they are
>  mostly raw

Digikam doesn't support xmp sidecars, yet. To make it work you have to embed
metadata inside of image. digiKam+exiv2 support that (although I understand
this isn't working right for some families of RAW files).

You enable writing of metadata into files in Metadata section of digiKam
configuration.

m.